Thursday, July 23, 2020

The Roundup with Jeff Stockton (Season 16 Round 5)

Season 16 of Last Resort Films has officially hit its midway point, so here's the latest edition of The Roundup....


3. Box Office
While not spectacular numbers-wise, at least all three films managed to make a profit (with The Wonder managing surprisingly strong box office numbers).


2. Adam Driver
It's nice to see Adam Driver in a rare leading role. I didn't love the movie, but I appreciated that he got a chance to shine in a major role.


1. The Wonder
Based on the In Development posts, I was expecting a really boring movie to be honest. While it takes a long time to get really going, I was surprised how entertained I remained throughout the running time.


3. Tail
Tail just seemed too big for the simple story it wanted to tell. There were a few too many moving pieces for my liking considering recognizable actors were showing up as new characters well into the latter half of the film.

2. Tom Holland

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure people aren't going to like this, but I'm simply not a fan of Tom Holland. I don't like him as Spider-Man, and I didn't care for him much in Tail either.

1. The Crow: Resurrected
Jacob Jones' Crow seemed to forget that one of the aspects that made the original so good was the simple revenge story (something even the sequels didn't tamper with). The details regarding the character's death are pretty vague here, so that sense of rooting for him to get his revenge was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment