Saturday, April 20, 2024

Interview: Jack Ryder

 

For this edition of Interview, Last Resort Films president Phil Dolan sits down with one of the studio's early writers, Jack Ryder (Bravo/Samurai, Before You Help), who is returning this round with his first LRF project since Season 11 (and first solo writing project since Season 9).

PD: First of all, welcome back to LRF! How does it feel to back?

JR: It feels nice and different, a bit hard to come back.

PD: What are some of things you feel have changed at the studio since your last film was released all the way back in Season 11?

JR: There are lots of difference between now and then, lots of new writers, lots of new film series, X Men wasn't there. Marvel was mostly me back then now I have to think 5 times before writing a marvel movie now. 

PD: What made you decide to have The ComeBack as your comeback film?

JR: When I started my hiatus Last Resort Films was one of the things that keep coming in mind always. So I started thinking what will I write when I comeback, so I thought doing something meta, a Jack Ryder film and that's how The ComeBack came through. Over the last 5 years I have planned the movie and that's why it's so wordy haha, hopefully people will see what I wanted to show.

PD: You've brought a couple of your regular actors from back in the day, Charlie Cox and Brandon Routh, along for the ride in The ComeBack. What makes you want to continue working with them and some of your other usual talents?

JR: If not them then who shall I pick haha. Like I said I wanted a Jack Ryder film, who else better to star than them. You know that when I pitched this movie I asked if we can keep the leads and writer of the movie a secret, but when you clarified it wasn't possible we moved forward. I wanted to surprise the audience with it. Maybe I should have done a DTV.

PD: What's next for you?

JR: Hopefully I keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment