Sunday, September 8, 2019

Release: But What Am I?

But What Am I?
Genre: Drama/Comedy/Biography
Director: Michel Gondry
Writer: Chad Taylor
Cast: Paul Dano, Rooney Mara, Ned Beatty, Julie Christie, Matt Lucas, BJ Novak, Lily Rabe, John Cena






Budget: $27,000,000
Domestic Box Office: $39,773,189
Foreign Box Office: $18,055,831
Total Profit: $1,002,667

Reaction: This one narrowly avoided a loss thanks to a modest budget and strong home video sales figures. We definitely didn't want to start out our 13th season with a loss, so we're content with breaking even here.



"Paul Dano, while not really looking anything like Paul Reubens or Pee-Wee Herman, completely disappears in the role." - Dennis Smith, Orlando Sentinel


"I never thought we'd get an in-depth Pee-Wee Herman biopic, but I'm certainly glad that writer Chad Taylor and director Michel Gondry have decided to bring this to the big screen." - Tim Greer, L.A. Weekly


"I think the proper story elements are there, but I had a really hard time buying the cast as the characters. Paul Dano gives his all in the lead role, but it just wasn't enough for me." - Tom Lane, Detroit News


Rated R for thematic material, some language and brief nudity

No comments:

Post a Comment