Monday, August 8, 2022

The Roundup with Jeff Stockton (Season 23 Round 10)

 
Season 23 has ended on quite the high note. Here's The Roundup....

3. Box Office
Compared to last season, numbers were up across the board. Especially in the profit department.

2. The Producer
I was impressed by The Producer. Not knowing about Roy Radin ahead of time, I expected the standard Hollywood biopic, but boy was I wrong. This is a dark story about dark people who will do anything to attain their dreams, with disastrous and evil results. If not for Judas Iscariot, I think The Producer would clean up at the GRA ceremony.

1. Judas Iscariot
I made the claim in my published review that Judas Iscariot just might be the best film LRF has ever produced. I stand by that claim.

3. N/A
This was a solid round.

2. Gamblers
I hope nobody placed your GRA bets before Judas Iscariot was released... (Clearly I'm struggling for negative things these last couple of rounds...)

1. The Dark Tower III
My understanding is that the film is fairly faithful to the novel, so I'm not going to blame the filmmakers too much, but TDK3 was a slog to get through - and it wasn't even long. I know that fans of the novels want to see every book adapted t=for the big screen, but based on how little excitement there was in part 3 and most of part 2, I think that the filmmakers would have been better off adapting the entire series as just one trilogy of three films that includes all the good and exciting stuff, while throwing out the boring stuff. I hope the fourth film will be better...

No comments:

Post a Comment