Thursday, April 22, 2021

Interview: Meirad Tako

 

In this edition of Interview, Last Resort Films president Phil Dolan sits down for an interview writer Meirad Tako (The Journey, Attraction/Deception) to discuss the latest Police Story film and more....

PD: Your Police Story series has grown a steady fanbase from the first two films. What are your expectations for the third entry?

MT: To be honest, I did not expect it at all. But I'm pretty grateful for its success. My expectation is that this third installment will fulfill the audience "Why the hell did this happen" that might surface from the first movie, and profit wise, I expect this third movie will definitely beat the first movie and a little bit higher from the second movie.

PD: Is this the finale of your Police Story series, or do you have more stories to tell in the Police Story universe?

MT: This IS the final Jamie Dornan-led, Police Story, but I do have some idea in mind for another story in the same Universe. But I still need to rethink about it, since the new idea might not have any Jackie Chan in it (which will be sacrilegious).

PD: Including your LRF NOW Original Films, you have now written over 25 films for LRF (Police Story: Case Closed is #26). What are some of your favorites of your own work?

MT: Wow, it has been that many? Well ... Not as many as other writer but still dang!. It's hard to choose, but definitely, I love What I Need To Do Is Survive and Real Is Better. 1965 also my favourite because of the sheer backstory of writing it. Hotel California on the other hand was never my first choice, because before the release of the film i was so hesitant to put it in the GRA race. But still, again, I'm grateful for its success.

PD: What's next for you?

MT: What's next for me? Hmm... I have some highly awaited movie in the future, for example, The Cry Of The Night Lady which will be release this season, then i have ... My passion project which is The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spider From Mars. And last but not least, my most original idea, if I say so myself, to date that is also enrich by the idea of Chad Taylor. I think i will leave the title for another time!

Thank you for having me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment