Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Roundup with Jeff Stockton (Season 16 Round 6)

The season is now over half way through, and man, what a round! Here's the latest edition of The Roundup....


3. Gambit and Rogue

If there was going to be a box office dud of the upcoming Marvel Universe films, this would have been my bet since it features a character that wasn't in the first X-Men film and has only appeared on the big screen once. Once I viewed the film though, I knew it was something unique and interesting, but I still wasn't sure about the box office. I was wrong. Don't get used to me saying that.

2. Chris Pine
Coming off a GRA for his role in Of Rocks and Sand, Pine kept the ball moving with this strong biopic. Pine has to play a lot of different levels as John McCain over a 15 year period, and from what I can tell he appeared to nail pretty much every aspect.

1. Tom Cruise
No actor has had quite the ridiculous success with LRF that Tom Cruise has had, with maybe only Alden Ehrenreich coming close. Cruise has stepped aside from blockbusters for now to switch to a drama, and it was not only a success at the box office, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a GRA nomination for his work in Heights.


N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment