Friday, December 1, 2023

The Roundup with Jeff Stockton (Season 28 Round 5)

  
  
For the first time all season, every film this round earned a profit. Not a bad way to close out the first half of Season 28. Here's The Roundup....
3. The Immortal Iron Fist
I would've liked the action to be a bit bigger to justify its superhero characters, but other than that this one was a lot of fun as a Marvel Comics version of an old school martial arts film. I'm enjoying this 1970s world Dwight Gallo and Jimmy Ellis are building between this and Luke Cage. 1970s Heroes for Hire on the way? I sure hope so.

2. Amityville
This one caught me off guard with how good it was. It's definitely more "feel bad" than "feel good" but it was super creepy and will leave you unsettled afterward.

1. The Lights
Alden Ehrenreich turned in another great performance, as did Bill Skarsgard. The Lights takes a little while to get going, but once it did I found myself glued to the screen.

3. N/A

2. N/A

1. Blockbusters
This round lacked a big blockbuster like last round had with Duke Nukem, so even though all three films turned a profit this round, the profits were lower than last round where just that one film made all the money. That's about the only complaint I could really come up with this round as all three films made money and they were all really high quality films.

No comments:

Post a Comment