Thursday, May 10, 2018

Behind the Scenes: Cosa Nostra - Featurette #2

Writer James Morgan (Into Thin Air, Guilt) has provided us with another behind the scenes look at his upcoming film Cosa Nostra, the prequel to his Season 1 hit The Raven in the Night, directed by Denis Villeneuve (101, Blade Runner 2049).....


V.O (Robert De Niro) : My family has ruled over this city for as long as I can remember. Today, many people want to take it away from me.

The camera enters a building, it’s a strip club. Several men are trying to get a look at the ladies, one being particularly insistent. A security guard removes him from the floor and he’s about to kick him out of the club, but someone behind a tinted window, on the second floor, demands to see the troublemaker. He takes the man upstairs, opens the door and pins him against the chair. The lady who asked him upstairs, looking the other way, signals her employee to tie the man up. He does so and he leaves. She turns around.


The Man : What the fuck do you want, bitch ?

Monique Davis (Viola Davis) : Oh, you’re going to respect me if you want to know why I asked for you up there.

The Man : I don’t even know you, and I certainly don’t respect you, bitch.

Monique Davis : You really don’t know who I am?

The Man : Absolutely no idea.

Monique Davis : Let’s just say that I’m one of the most powerful woman in this city and everyone is about to know my name.

The Man : Look, I still don’t even know who you are!

Monique Davis : Well, I suggest you learn who I am pretty quickly, or I’m the last person you’re going to see.

The Man : Hey, if you want to kick me out of the club, just do it, I’ll go to another one, it’s like the sl*t industry is dying anyway.

Monique Davis (angry) : I own every strip club in this town boy and I’m going to make sure you don’t step foot in any of them for the rest of your stupid, miserable life. You’re like the scrum between my toes. People like you disgust me, absolutely no respect for the women and you act like you’re the king of the world when you enter a strip club, but guess what as*hole, I don’t need you to survive. You want to know how I take care of the people of your kind?

The Man : Look, I told you, I just want to get out of here, calm down, man. You’re all fired up, I was just talking loud and shoving people around. It ain’t no bitch, who clearly has an ego problem, who’s going to tell me what to do, let me get out here, alright.

Monique Davis : You’re going to regret saying that for the rest of your life.

She takes off her shoe and starts hammering the guy in the face with her high heel. All bloodied up, the bodyguard takes him up, ties him up, takes him out and shoves him in the trunk of a car. Monique Davis gets in, her shoe still covered in blood. They drive a couple of blocks and she enters a building. She takes an elevator and enters a room. She sits at a table.
Carmine Tomino (Robert De Niro) : What happened to your shoe, Davis.

Stan Hollyfield (Sam Rockwell) : Yeah, it looks like you killed a pig before you came in.

Monique Davis : Nothing, nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment