Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Behind the Scenes: Cosa Nostra - Featurette #3

Writer James Morgan (Into Thin Air, Guilt) has provided us with another behind the scenes look at his upcoming film Cosa Nostra, the prequel to his Season 1 hit The Raven in the Night, directed by Denis Villeneuve (101, Blade Runner 2049).....




V.O (Robert De Niro) : My family has ruled over this city for as long as I can remember. Today, many people want to take it away from me.

We hear a loud noise coming from what looks like an abandoned warehouse. Inside, a dead man is lying on the floor. Three naked women are tied up by the wrists. Some random men cut them down and we see the shadow of a man, cleaning his gun, signaling the guy who cut them down to bring them outside. We zoom out and we see the small group going on a boat. The women, still undressed, are sent in the hold. The boat starts sailing.

Antonio Landor (Pedro Pascal) (still cleaning his gun) : You want to know why I killed the guy, right?

A man says yes.

Antonio Landor : Respect. It’s all about respect. Do you really think I’m going to let a guy betray me like that ? Everybody’s going to know the name of Landor soon enough. No one can resist me …

A man : Sure, you always end up killing them …

Antonio Landor : Respect, that’s all I ask. You don’t respect me, I kill you, simple as that. Did you bring the drugs on the boat ? Let me see it.

The man opens a box and takes out a bag of cocaine. He brings it to Landor. He opens it and he sniffs a line of cocaine.

A man : You shouldn’t do that, boss.

Antonio Landor : You know when I tell you it all comes down to respect. That’s true for this too. I always test the product before I sell it. That way, if it’s bad, I don’t sell it. Do you think someone’s going to respect Antonio Landor if people on the streets think I sell sh*t stuff. I don’t think so…

A man : You do you want us to do with the girls.

Antonio Landor : Bring these bitches to our warehouse. Clean them up a little bit, no. Test them first, rate them and clean them after. That way we can sell them afterwards to the highest bidder. If they’re good, I’m keeping them, I sell one of mine. You know how I take care of my b*tches, stop asking me, alright. You sound like a cop when you do this. Are you a f*cking cop ?

A man : No! I’m not a f*cking pig!

The boat arrives at a luxurious mansion, just out of town. Landor gets in a sports car and starts driving. We cut to black and when we it comes back on, Landor parks his car and enters a building. He takes an elevator and enters a room. He sits at a table.

Carmine Tomino (Robert De Niro) : It’s about time you arrive, Landor, f*cking late, as usual.

Monique Davis (Viola Davis) : Partying too hard again?

Stan Hollyfield (Sam Rockwell) : No he tests the product, you know him Davis. (imitates Landor) Respect.

Antonio Landor : Yes, I think respect is important, how about you, Carmine ?

Carmine Tomino : Respect is the most important thing in the world. You can’ do anything without respect and that’s what I’m here to talk about. So let’s start, shall we ?

Stan Hollyfield (to himself) : I’m getting sick of these stupid meetings…

No comments:

Post a Comment