Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The Roundup with Jeff Stockton (Season 15 Round 8)

We're getting close to the end of Season 15 now with just two rounds left to go. Here's The Roundup....


3. Profits
Thanks to the late release slots of films like X-Men the profits for the season are finally starting to look healthy.

2. X-Men
I thought Dwight Gallo did a very good job for his first superhero film. It's obviously difficult to track that many characters through an entire plot, but he did a pretty good job. Plus, the film got characters like Kitty Pryde and Cyclops right more so that any previous film appearances of the character.

1. And the Birds Rained Down
I really enjoyed this film. It's slower than something like X-Men, but clearly a lot of time and thought went in to crafting these lived in characters.



3. Awards
Still no clear front runners. I was expecting this round to clear it up a little bit, especially the release of And the Birds Rained Down, but it was such an ensemble that it isn't even clear which talents the filmmakers will push for the various acting awards.

2. Wolverine

With the ensemble approach to the film, I was really hoping we could get an X-Men movie without a Wolverine appearance. While I liked the way Gallo wrote the character and how McGowan portrayed him, I still feel the character has just been on the big screen too many times.

1. Love
I just couldn't get into this film. I wouldn't call it a bad film necessarily, but it definitely just didn't grab me an an audience member. It was just kind of ho-hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment