Thursday, May 21, 2020

The Roundup with Jeff Stockton (Season 15 Round 10)

Season 15 is in the books, people. I'll be back soon with the awards edition, but until then here is The Roundup....


3. Awards Race
This round thankfully cleared up a little bit the the GRA award races, mostly in the acting categories *cough* Misfit *cough*

2. Rebecca Ferguson

While I didn't love the film, Rebecca Ferguson clearly showed that she is talented rising star to be reckoned with.

1. Misfit
I loved Misfit. Taylor and Van Sant absolutely nailed the characters of Clift, Monroe and Gable. I felt like I was watching those legends instead of the modern legends playing them at times. I was absorbed.


3. Awards RaceYes, some of the major categories were solidified with this round, but several award categories still seem like anybody's game, which should make for some interesting and unpredictable nominations voting.

2. Constantine: The Hellblazer
D.R. Cobb has set a very high standard with his DC Comics work with his tremendous work on the Question series. While Constantine: The Hellblazer was entertaining, I couldn't help but think it was a step back in terms of quality from the writer.

1. Lady Red
To be completely honest, I had trouble following some aspects of the film. I would occasionally get lost in the geography of the action and the character motivations. I think the obtuse opening contributed to this and I just never fully got on board (even after a couple viewings).

No comments:

Post a Comment