Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The Roundup with Jeff Stockton (Season 21 Round 10)

 
And that's a wrap on the film slate of Season 21. Here's The Roundup....

3. Supergirl
Supergirl was not what I was expecting it to be. I'm not sure exactly what that is exactly, but it's both and positive and negative for the film. Chloe Grace Moretz nailed the lead role absolutely. Making her father the villain was a brave choice, adding an emotional element that I was not expecting. All in all, I liked it, even if things feel too easy for the hero at times.

2. Taylor Kitsch
It is safe to say at this point between Knievel, The Stand, Hawkman, etc. that Taylor Kitsch has made himself into a completely viable leading man. Sure, he will probably never have the draw of a Tom Cruise or someone like that, but he's doing well.

1. Rodeo
I found Rodeo to be a very emotional and heartfelt film. I wasn't really expecting this from Dwight Gallo's latest, but every character felt real to me and his writing made me care about them. Plus, when viewing the film alongside the soundtrack, I'm not too proud to admit that I teared up a bit by the end.


3. Actress GRA Categories
Some of the categories for the Golden Reel Awards will have plenty of worthy candidates, but once again it is looking like the actress categories (Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress) are going to fairly weak. Who will be this season's Emma Roberts?

2. Box Office
This season is towards the bottom of the pack in every box office category. Certainly not what the studio was hoping for. Only five seasons have been less profitable than Season 21, and only one has had a lower total box office (Season 18).

1. Box Office
Yes, box office again.

No comments:

Post a Comment